Fairbanks, Alaska 3/6-3/9

 

Here was the ender to my trip before my return to HNL. First time to Alaska and hopefully it won't be my last.

Santa Claus House
















Possibly the best place to shop for gifts if you are near here. It's about 20-25 mins south of Fairbanks.

Antler Arch



The museums here are free. Take advantage. The arch was close by as well.

Ice Museum Fairbanks


$15. Good for family, couple, or group pics. Regardless, there is a slide here that is worth the admission. Around the area, there is a Moldovan restaurant named Soba. It was my first time and worth the try!

Pioneer Park


Closed during these times, its a neat touristy spot to walk your legs. You can walk inside but most shops and attractions are closed however. Come during summer. 

Pikes Waterfront Lodge













This was the place where I initially wanted to stay at first but Airbnb often provide cheaper results. The Love Alaska sign is here and there are some ice sculptures as well. I say this is the hotel that is worth a see if you are here.

My Airbnb up in the hills










Yes, there was a Thai place up in the hills. Good if you don't want to drive all the way to the city. Worth my $88 bucks a night though I was un-able to see the aurora due to cloudy and snowy skies.

*What I missed here was the Ice Championships here in Fairbanks plus the Castner Ice Caves which is about a 3 hr drive from FB.* Next trip, perhaps? 


Thank you for stopping by. If you are hesitant about going to FB, don't. It's a nice small town with some difficulty on the drives simply because it was really snowed out here. It's hard to see the lanes sometimes. But I liked it here that I would like to make a return trip someday and see the aurora and a couple spots I missed. Till next time, take care, and God be with you.


Comments