Skip to main content

Another day in Hawaii-Nei 8/11/20 Murals in Oahu.

Well, since hikes and most of the beach (non-swimming) are out of the question. I tried to go the non-Kaka'ako areas to take pics of murals though I ended up going to Kaka'ako for a little bit to scope out my next mural adventure. Without haste, lets get started.

Before I start, copyright and credit are given to the respective owners of the murals/paintings. Thank you for allowing us to enjoy your pieces of art. I'll also do my best to address the locations as best as possible for those interested.

Mural #1
 


 

Location: 939 Ke’eaumoku St, Honolulu, HI 96814. 
Its the strip club 939 across Dominoes Pizza.
This one caught my eye simply because I drive around this area frequently and I saw it the other day, so I decided to inspect it up closer.

*Update Feb 2021* Apparently, the girl's chest in the painting is whited out now if you decide to sojourn into this area. What a way to ruin some art, really. Kinda ironic when it's still a stripclub. 


Mural #2
 

Location: 1500 South King St, Honolulu, Hi 96826. 
Right across the On Dong Restaurant. This place used to be Bait clothing store.
I just randomly found this one.

*Update April 2021, these arts are no longer here as well since the store re-opened.*

Mural (s) #3
 





Location: Kapiolani Blvd, Pi'ikoi and  Hopaka/Kona St. 
This is right adjacent to Egg's and things Ala Moana. Its the same area where there is Thrills, Teapresso, and Ichiriki.

Murals # 4
 


 


 



 

Location: Hopaka/Pensacola and Kona/Pensacola St. 
This is the same area where mural(s)#3 are located but more towards Pensacola street where Menya Le Nood is. 

Mural(s)# 5
 


 

Location: Pohukaina St. (Pretty much behind of Fishers Hawaii)

I wasn't going to do here except to see how far the Kaka'ako street arts extend. To my surprise, there was no cars parked here so I took the opportunity to take empty street pics.

Mural #6


Location: Waimanu St and Ward Avenue. 

There is a Jack in the Box next to here literally.

I was at a full stop here and I was, like, why not? Your former president.

That's it for now. Next time I will try to focus more on Kaka'ako area. Toodles. Thank you Jesus for keeping me safe. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sapporo, Japan Feb 2025 (Pic Heavy)

  Early February trip to Japan. Feb 2 (Hawaii time) Flight from HNL to New Chitose  Food from ANA airlines. Was not a direct flight. One layover. Then a one hr train ride to Sapporo from New Chitose Airport. Landed around 1030PM at night.  (Each day categories pics start from bottom to top, sorry didn't feel like fixing this).  Feb 3 ( Sapporo) (Will be Japan dates from this moment forward) The famous Nikka sign and pretty much a midnight snack before bed. According to google, the restaurant is called Asahi Ga Nobori Susukino and its right across the Nikka sign and has a animatronic ramen display. It's a good restaurant that features a staple of Sapporo: Miso. One of the few places that is open to a much later time. I think 3AM?  Feb 4  Nijo Market  Yup. Hawaii. Nijo Market. Brunch pretty much at Ohiso . Gets packed quick so find a spot to catch your grub quickly. Lots of similar restaurants around here like Ohiso but like I sai...

Hawaii Foodiecon 2025 and Yakiniku Like.

  Yakiniku Like Foodiecon was a enjoyable experience. Quite a bit of food vendors. It can be fairly expensive depending on the stuff you buy. Got to try Yakiniku Like over here in HNL. Brings me back to Sapporo which was actually only two months ago. Once again, good if you want a quick meal but if you hoping to be fulfilled, you may want to check into a Yakiniku buffet instead. 

Osaka (Dotombori, Nara, Universal Studios Japan etc...) 100th post for this blog!

 Return to Osaka! It's been 4 years and it was nice to be back. My 100th post for this blog as well! Dotombori Back to Namba Oriental Hotel. Got a fairly decent room for 3. Also did a Pig cafe, The Pigs kept coming to me for sleep. They were probably tired all day. It was roughly 1830PM by then.  Nara   Even the Deers here wait for the bus. J/k. They always hungry so feed them the crackers you can purchase from the vendors on the streets. We didn't do temples this time. You can say we came here for a few hours to feed the deers and that was it.  Back to Dotombori    I've always wanted to visit the Capcom store. Sadly, the displays are the most impressive thing about the Osaka store. You get to play Street Fighter 6 on the big screen but everything in the store is pretty lackluster. The Capcom store and it's superhero neighbors are in the Parco store btw. Universal Studios Japan Pretty much came here for Super Nintendo World (ser...