Skip to main content

Seattle 2024! Cherry Blossoms! March 22-25.

 Angle Lake Park

20240323-100952 20240323-100158

There were a few trees scattered here and just a few people here.

Seike Japanese Gardens


20240323-104857 20240323-104620 20240323-105333

Nice Garden though there was no Cherry Blossom here though this is where the net says its one of the best places. There was a few Cherry trees where the parking lot was though.

Seward Park


20240323-112625 20240323-114926

I don't know if the trees were already done blooming or I came too early. This is a fairly huge park with a huge walkway. I can only imagine if all the trees were full bloom, this place would look spectacular. 

University of Washington

20240323-123446 20240323-124441 

The mother of them all. I nearly skipped here but I met a couple from Seward Park that told me to come here. Thank Jesus I did listen because the blossoms were beautiful. Definitely a must for the Cherry Blossoms. Parking was free but awkwardly it was after 12PM. I arrived around 12:15PM that day so Jesus timed it right for me. 

Everett

20240324-110448

There were random Cherry blossom tress scattered throughout Everett when I went to my buddy Heath's place. 


Thank you God for a safe trip to Seattle and thank you Tram, Che and family for letting me stay at your house. Thank you for cooking dinner and thank you Heath for cooking as well. Way to save some money. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sapporo, Japan Feb 2025 (Pic Heavy)

  Early February trip to Japan. Feb 2 (Hawaii time) Flight from HNL to New Chitose  Food from ANA airlines. Was not a direct flight. One layover. Then a one hr train ride to Sapporo from New Chitose Airport. Landed around 1030PM at night.  (Each day categories pics start from bottom to top, sorry didn't feel like fixing this).  Feb 3 ( Sapporo) (Will be Japan dates from this moment forward) The famous Nikka sign and pretty much a midnight snack before bed. According to google, the restaurant is called Asahi Ga Nobori Susukino and its right across the Nikka sign and has a animatronic ramen display. It's a good restaurant that features a staple of Sapporo: Miso. One of the few places that is open to a much later time. I think 3AM?  Feb 4  Nijo Market  Yup. Hawaii. Nijo Market. Brunch pretty much at Ohiso . Gets packed quick so find a spot to catch your grub quickly. Lots of similar restaurants around here like Ohiso but like I sai...

Hawaii Foodiecon 2025 and Yakiniku Like.

  Yakiniku Like Foodiecon was a enjoyable experience. Quite a bit of food vendors. It can be fairly expensive depending on the stuff you buy. Got to try Yakiniku Like over here in HNL. Brings me back to Sapporo which was actually only two months ago. Once again, good if you want a quick meal but if you hoping to be fulfilled, you may want to check into a Yakiniku buffet instead. 

Osaka (Dotombori, Nara, Universal Studios Japan etc...) 100th post for this blog!

 Return to Osaka! It's been 4 years and it was nice to be back. My 100th post for this blog as well! Dotombori Back to Namba Oriental Hotel. Got a fairly decent room for 3. Also did a Pig cafe, The Pigs kept coming to me for sleep. They were probably tired all day. It was roughly 1830PM by then.  Nara   Even the Deers here wait for the bus. J/k. They always hungry so feed them the crackers you can purchase from the vendors on the streets. We didn't do temples this time. You can say we came here for a few hours to feed the deers and that was it.  Back to Dotombori    I've always wanted to visit the Capcom store. Sadly, the displays are the most impressive thing about the Osaka store. You get to play Street Fighter 6 on the big screen but everything in the store is pretty lackluster. The Capcom store and it's superhero neighbors are in the Parco store btw. Universal Studios Japan Pretty much came here for Super Nintendo World (ser...