Guadalupe National Park 12/1/22 Salt Flat, Texas. A day in Guadalupe National Park

 








Visitor center. It ain't real. 


Devil's Hall

During this hike, the first half is fairly easy as it is paved. However, halfway through, it is a rocky hike. Wear good shoes or if you hate rocks, skip this one. 


I would just like to add when you hit this wall section, be very careful in climbing or stepping over.


When you get over that wall, you will come across this small looking pool. It looks very deep actually when you get closer. After that, another 5 mins in or so, you are at the Devil's Hall. 












The Plants you will encounter along the way. 


Smith Spring loop Trail and Manzanita Springs. 


This section is very early on if you take the right section first. Once again, this hike is a rocky one. Not as bad as Devil's Hall but it is fairly rocky. 






Nice small spring. The water is really cold. I had the place to myself for at least 15 mins before I moved on. 






The Frijole Ranch museum was closed but it's in the very start of the trail. 


I didn't get to grab a pic of El Capitan (Texas) but here is the link: El Capitan


Your welcome to signs on the way to Carlsbad.

Overall, this park wasn't anything too spectacular. I did miss a certain hike because I was getting tired out. Maybe I will hike up the peak of El Capitan if I'm ever here again. What makes this park stand out to a degree is that it isn't too populated so if you like a smaller crowd, this place is for you. 

See you next in Carlsbad Caverns.

Comments