Skip to main content

Pow Wow power walk and Kakaako sunset 5/23/21

 Did the Pow Wow power walk with the Meetup.com hiking crew. This time I was able to capture some more of the murals that I missed the last time plus we were able to use the Pow Wow interactive app that sports some hidden special effects on some of the murals. Anyhow, let's get started!

Some old murals




These three here were obscured by cars the last time. Now I get to take the full pic in it's full glory.







Some murals I missed the last time















































Unfortunately, we were in a rush to get to the sunset so I didn't get all of them but I did capture a bit more that I missed the last time.

Artist hard at work

Girl from Cali touching up her work


Darn it. I thought I snapped this mural painting the last time but it seems like it is new artwork. I'll get it next time. Once again, a girl flew in from California to touch up her work. Give her a hand. 

Interactive examples



These are two of 11 ( I was told) murals that featured interactive features on the app. The app is Pow! Wow! AR.

Kakaako sunset and Ehime Maru memorial







Shiba! Anyhow, the clouds were blocking the sun that day. I've been here before to capture the sunset so I've had better days. Anyhow, have a good day. Thank you Jesus for a safe and fun walk. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sapporo, Japan Feb 2025 (Pic Heavy)

  Early February trip to Japan. Feb 2 (Hawaii time) Flight from HNL to New Chitose  Food from ANA airlines. Was not a direct flight. One layover. Then a one hr train ride to Sapporo from New Chitose Airport. Landed around 1030PM at night.  (Each day categories pics start from bottom to top, sorry didn't feel like fixing this).  Feb 3 ( Sapporo) (Will be Japan dates from this moment forward) The famous Nikka sign and pretty much a midnight snack before bed. According to google, the restaurant is called Asahi Ga Nobori Susukino and its right across the Nikka sign and has a animatronic ramen display. It's a good restaurant that features a staple of Sapporo: Miso. One of the few places that is open to a much later time. I think 3AM?  Feb 4  Nijo Market  Yup. Hawaii. Nijo Market. Brunch pretty much at Ohiso . Gets packed quick so find a spot to catch your grub quickly. Lots of similar restaurants around here like Ohiso but like I sai...

Hawaii Foodiecon 2025 and Yakiniku Like.

  Yakiniku Like Foodiecon was a enjoyable experience. Quite a bit of food vendors. It can be fairly expensive depending on the stuff you buy. Got to try Yakiniku Like over here in HNL. Brings me back to Sapporo which was actually only two months ago. Once again, good if you want a quick meal but if you hoping to be fulfilled, you may want to check into a Yakiniku buffet instead. 

Osaka (Dotombori, Nara, Universal Studios Japan etc...) 100th post for this blog!

 Return to Osaka! It's been 4 years and it was nice to be back. My 100th post for this blog as well! Dotombori Back to Namba Oriental Hotel. Got a fairly decent room for 3. Also did a Pig cafe, The Pigs kept coming to me for sleep. They were probably tired all day. It was roughly 1830PM by then.  Nara   Even the Deers here wait for the bus. J/k. They always hungry so feed them the crackers you can purchase from the vendors on the streets. We didn't do temples this time. You can say we came here for a few hours to feed the deers and that was it.  Back to Dotombori    I've always wanted to visit the Capcom store. Sadly, the displays are the most impressive thing about the Osaka store. You get to play Street Fighter 6 on the big screen but everything in the store is pretty lackluster. The Capcom store and it's superhero neighbors are in the Parco store btw. Universal Studios Japan Pretty much came here for Super Nintendo World (ser...