Ehukai Pillbox and Pearl Harbor 5-10-21 Oahu hikes

 


Ehukai Pillbox (1st bunker)












Went hiking with my friend Gary and took maybe about 30 mins to here. Was just muddy for the most part. The hike had some turnout that day. You had recognizable character paintings inside the bunker. Have fun figuring them out. 

2nd bunker








The view inside the bunker
 The 2nd bunker is roughly another 5-10 min hike. This one I feel gets ignored because most people are unaware of it's presence. Thus, its the reason why you are able to have the picture often times by itself. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the bunker's surface was a painted peace sign before, but now it looks like a fish of some sort. Anyhow, the 2nd bunker everyone.


Link of a interior shot (video) of the 2nd bunker

Lunch at Jorge's Tacos and Ceviche





I had the Mexican Coke. It uses cane sugar instead of corn syrup. I felt it tasted less sugary and less acidic. That's coke in a bottle for you. The food was ok though.

Pearl Harbor (U.S.S Utah Memorial)











It's been ages but it's my return to the Utah thanks to Gary. The surfaced port of the ship is mostly rusted now then I remembered. There are flowers growing close to where the abandoned tow cables lie. 

U.S.S Oklahoma Memorial









Well, its been ages since I was here too. The markers which each represent the fallen 429 men of the once capsized Oklahoma are starting to rust. The U.S.S Missouri lies in the background. Ironically, this is where the Oklahoma capsized back in 1941. 

U.S.S Arizona memorial from Ford Island











I sometimes saw pictures of a plaque from Ford Island on the net. Me and Gary decided to explore and voila! Found it. It's also a residential area so don't make trouble if you come here. Enjoy the view. 



Thank you for viewing and Mahalos. See you on the next adventure. Thank you Jesus for a good day!



Comments