Today in Hawaii 6/26/20: Halona Blowhole, Lanai Lookout, and Maunalua Bay

Aloha folks, my mission objective was to simply topple Lanai lookout. Something I've been wanting to do for years. First off:

Halona Blowhole (and sunrise)


 


Nice view of Sandy beach as we also await the sun to rise.
I did my best to catch a spouting blowhole but this was the best shot I captured.






Phases

 


 

Lanai Lookout

 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

It is quite a trek downward and back, so please be careful and wear good shoes, preferably one with treads. The waves are fierce so please don't get close to the currents. By the time you get to the Ihiihilauakea bridge, its a nice view. There is some graffiti as you inspect the bridge up close. Its a quick hike but once again, be safe and take care of yourself. Take it slow if anything.

Lanai lookout is actually about half a mile back from the blowhole, heading townbound.

*I knew of this location mainly due to a scene filmed in the Karate Kid II *



Maunalua Bay


 


 


Kuliouou beach park in the background



Koko Head crater from the bay


So I randomly chose this spot. This site is supposedly famous for paddleboarding and surfing. Most of the people I encountered were fishing mainly. You can see a small beach which is Kuliouou beach park from here on the right side of the bay. Near that beach is a basketball court which is visible from the bay but maybe I'll visit it all next time.

Have a nice day folks and thanks for visiting. I hope to see you soon in my next (random) photo- op. 



Comments