Skip to main content

Thank God for good days in Bend Oregon 18-19, 2019 The last Blockbluster video in Bend Oregon!

Voila! A new adventure that ain't Portland or Seattle! Today, we touch base at Bend, Oregon. Central Oregon at it's finest!

August 18, 2019


Cow in Bend Oregon RDM Airport
Transformers Siege Springer
Transformers Siege Springer


Redmond airport is small to speak. At least they have a cow. When I got my rental car, it would be about a 20 minute drive to Bend. I stopped by Target for the heck of it. I hesitated but I ended up picking up Springer of the Transformers Siege line. No tax Oregon for the win!

Blockbuster Video


 


Bend Blockbuster
Bend Blockbuster
Last Blockbuster Bend
Last Blockbuster in Bend



 

Last Blockbuster video in the entire world! Right here in Bend, Oregon. Wow, I grew up with this establishment. Glad to see it's still here. Lots of Russell Crowe memorabilia. Very popular tourist attraction now.

Old Mill town


 


Old Town Bend Oregon
Old Town Bend Oregon



 


 


Greg's Grill Bend Oregon
Greg's Grill Bend
 


A once mill-like area now turned into a shopping complex. Alongside the mall is the Deschutes river trail. Nice area to walk and water raft for some people. My lunch was at Greg's Grill before I headed to my Airbnb place. Stella was my host and she was awesome!

Miss Whiskers from my Airbnb place!

Pilot Butte

 


 


 


Pilot Butte Bend
View from Pilot Butte
 


View of Pilot Butte at my Airbnb.



A lava dome that has nice view of the cities and the Cascade mountain ranges. You can actually drive all the way to the top. I did just that.

Bethlyns Global Fusion Bend
Bethlyns Global Fusion- Bend
 Bethlyns Global Fusion Bend


I went to Newport Market afterwards. I didn't buy anything there but did try out the Asian fusion restaurant across the street. Bethlyns Global Fusion was its name. It was good.

August 19. 2019

Sunrise at Crater Lake, Oregon (Watchman's overlook)


Crater Lake- Watchman's Overlook



 


 Crater Lake Watchman Overlook


 


 Crater Lake Watchman Overlook


Nearly a 2 hr drive from Bend. The best is yet to come. 

 


The moon is there. No joke.



This is some of the landscape and scenery while I was trying to drive around the rim. 

Pinnacles

Pinnacles Trail Crater Lake
Pinnacles Trail Crater Lake



Pinnacles Trail Crater Lake
Pinnacles trail, Crater Lake
 


 

This is an area off the crater rim drive path. It is roughly a half a mile hike in. Lots of Chipmunks around here. You can see the rock formations even across from where you are.

Driving back to Watchman's overlook

 


 


 


 


Crater Lake- Watchman Overlook
 


 


 


 


It's so blue! Wow, I really was amazed. The little island is Phantom Island btw. I decided to hike Watchman trail so I could see the view even better. You could also start to see boats at this time. Recommended park to see!






Downtown Bend

Brew Dr. Teahouse Bend
Brew Dr. Teahouse
Brew Dr. Teahouse Bend
Brew Dr. Teahouse




Jake Shimabukuro coming soon!



Mod Pizza Bend
Mod Pizza Bend Oregon



 Mod Pizza Bend


 


Chan's Restaurant Bend
Chan's Restaurant Bend

Chan's Restaurant Bend
Still Sleeping. 


 That was pretty much my day. I came home to Bend to have a bubble tea in downtown. I had Mod Pizza for the first time and it was awesome and cheap! I then had Chan's because I felt like having ethnic. Day(s) over. Final days coming.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sapporo, Japan Feb 2025 (Pic Heavy)

  Early February trip to Japan. Feb 2 (Hawaii time) Flight from HNL to New Chitose  Food from ANA airlines. Was not a direct flight. One layover. Then a one hr train ride to Sapporo from New Chitose Airport. Landed around 1030PM at night.  (Each day categories pics start from bottom to top, sorry didn't feel like fixing this).  Feb 3 ( Sapporo) (Will be Japan dates from this moment forward) The famous Nikka sign and pretty much a midnight snack before bed. According to google, the restaurant is called Asahi Ga Nobori Susukino and its right across the Nikka sign and has a animatronic ramen display. It's a good restaurant that features a staple of Sapporo: Miso. One of the few places that is open to a much later time. I think 3AM?  Feb 4  Nijo Market  Yup. Hawaii. Nijo Market. Brunch pretty much at Ohiso . Gets packed quick so find a spot to catch your grub quickly. Lots of similar restaurants around here like Ohiso but like I sai...

Hawaii Foodiecon 2025 and Yakiniku Like.

  Yakiniku Like Foodiecon was a enjoyable experience. Quite a bit of food vendors. It can be fairly expensive depending on the stuff you buy. Got to try Yakiniku Like over here in HNL. Brings me back to Sapporo which was actually only two months ago. Once again, good if you want a quick meal but if you hoping to be fulfilled, you may want to check into a Yakiniku buffet instead. 

Osaka (Dotombori, Nara, Universal Studios Japan etc...) 100th post for this blog!

 Return to Osaka! It's been 4 years and it was nice to be back. My 100th post for this blog as well! Dotombori Back to Namba Oriental Hotel. Got a fairly decent room for 3. Also did a Pig cafe, The Pigs kept coming to me for sleep. They were probably tired all day. It was roughly 1830PM by then.  Nara   Even the Deers here wait for the bus. J/k. They always hungry so feed them the crackers you can purchase from the vendors on the streets. We didn't do temples this time. You can say we came here for a few hours to feed the deers and that was it.  Back to Dotombori    I've always wanted to visit the Capcom store. Sadly, the displays are the most impressive thing about the Osaka store. You get to play Street Fighter 6 on the big screen but everything in the store is pretty lackluster. The Capcom store and it's superhero neighbors are in the Parco store btw. Universal Studios Japan Pretty much came here for Super Nintendo World (ser...